Mould develops when churches stand empty and unused: Custos Mucoris - The Mould Guardian
Mould develops when churches are left unused
"Climate change, which is partly caused by humans, will significantly increase the development of mould by the end of the century and thus the threat to the interiors of churches and other historically valuable cultural assets" /Leissner, J. and Fuhrmann, C. (2018) /
Constant monitoring for mould helps to prevent permanent damage. A "mould camera" (Custos Mucoris = guardian of mould) is now available for this purpose, which uses artificial intelligence to automatically report the formation of mould.
Areas of application for the mould camera
- Churches that are rarely used but need to be monitored for mould damage
- when staff shortages do not allow monitoring for mould
- in areas in churches and other monuments where access for monitoring is difficult or impossible, such as under choir stalls, in organs, behind altars, in shrines, crypts, cellars and cupboards
- in storage areas for cultural artefacts
- in empty rooms (including flats)
- for monitoring areas that have just been cleared of mould
Cost of the mould camera
For only 100 €/month plus VAT you are free of worries.
Can be cancelled monthly at any time.
orders please use:
More information at: